Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from 1 to 2 lemons
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 6 Lacinato kale leaves, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Note: If you don’t have Lacinato kale on hand, try using Swiss chard or regular kale instead.
- Stir together mustard, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and tablespoon and teaspoon of maple syrup; whisk in oil until emulsified.
- In a salad bowl, toss together brussels sprouts and kale. Add sunflower seeds, raisins or dried cranberries, and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 as a full-sized salad.
Recipe from: PopSugar.com, by Susannah Chen which she adapted from Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients by the editors of Whole Living Magazine.