Few things are more beautiful and welcoming than an expansive, green lawn.
In addition to adding beauty and value to your home, a nice lawn extends your living space and gives the kids, dogs and neighbors a place to relax and play. Despite the fact that so many people want a beautiful lawn, many have a hard time creating it because of pests and insects. Fortunately, Borst Landscape & Design offers pest control for your Northern NJ home.
Guardian Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM)
Outdoor pests in your landscape can cause damage to plants, especially in warm weather. An Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program is a great way to prevent unwanted pests in your yard and keep your lawn beautiful and healthy.
While some species are more durable than others, all plants, shrubs and trees are susceptible to outdoor pests. No matter where you live, your landscape can become a breeding ground for pests, including small, hard-to-see insects like aphids, mealy bugs and caterpillars and underground pests like slugs, grubs, fire ants and wireworms.
Here at Borst Landscape & Design, our Guardian Integrated Pest Management Program works to provide safe, healthy pest control to keep your landscape free of unwanted pests. If you have existing pest-related problems, we can identify the solution and offer the best pest control fixes before the issue gets worse. Participate in our Guardian Integrated Pest Management Program and benefit from:
- An IPM specialist visiting your property seven times during the season.
- A thorough inspection of your shrubs and trees during each visit and recommendations about how to treat any insect or disease problems as needed.
- A detailed report is issued after each inspection and shows any problems found and how those problems were treated.
Professional lawn care and maintenance can help get rid of pests in your yard by removing weeds and debris. Lawn care will also provide regular irrigation and prevent standing water around your home, which cut down on mosquitos and similar issues.
Professional lawn care promotes proper fertilization for healthy soil and plants and helps you identify pest-resistant varieties of plants, shrubs and trees and plant flowering, nectar-bearing plants to attract beneficial insects.
At Borst, our Specialty Treatments also enhance regular lawn care and maintenance and provide a complete pest control system for your Bergen County home. Our Specialty Treatments include:
- Winter Overcoat protection for Broadleaf Evergreens
- Organic root zone feeding
- Organic mosquito, flea and tick control
- Organic deer repellent
- Other special treatments as needed
Tree Trunk Injections
Like the lawn and garden, trees are also susceptible to pest damage. Small insects like caterpillars, spider mites and parasitic wasps love to invade trees to eat leaves, while certain types of borer insects like beetles can infiltrate tree trunks. Our Guardian Integrated Pest Management Program offers tree trunk injections that will prevent different types of outdoor pests from invading your trees.
Mosquito, Flea and Tick
It’s not uncommon to experience outbreaks of mosquitos, fleas and ticks in the Bergen County area. Here at Borst, we can help control these pests in your landscape with our 100-percent organic treatments throughout the summer.
Benefits of Integrated Pest Management
There are dozens of benefits of integrated pest management, including the following:
- Eco-Friendly. Our approaches are eco-friendly and work to keep pests out of your yard without covering your grass with toxic chemicals and dangerous substances.
- Healthier Lawns. A pest-free lawn is a healthy lawn.
- Healthier Pets. When your yard is pest-free, your pets will be, too. This results in happier and healthier dogs and cats and fewer pests in your home, which helps keep your family safe, as well.
Borst will treat your lawn like it’s our lawn. Dedicated to offering outstanding service and personalized maintenance programs, we’re the key to your most beautiful lawn yet. We have been serving the northern New Jersey area for more than two decades, and we’re eager to assist property owners in the design and construction of their dream landscape.
Contact us today to learn more about our pest management services or speak with our team about your lawn today.