Living in Bergen County means cold winter temperatures that bring harsh winter storms with lots of snow. As a business owner or manager, chances are you’ll need snow removal services several times during the winter season to get rid of snow that piles up around your property.
There’s no way to predict when a snow storm will hit or how much snow it will bring, so it’s best to get prepared before winter arrives. You don’t want to get stranded in a heavy snow storm with no way to get to work or no way to get back home. Plan ahead for winter weather conditions by hiring the best commercial snow removal services in Bergen County.
Finding the Best Snow Removal Company
Often, landscaping companies, like Borst Landscape & Design, provide snow plowing and snow removal services during the winter season. They are well-trained in snow removal procedures and have state-of-the-art equipment available to handle any job. It’s important to hire a professional contractor who can provide the best commercial snow removal services for your property needs.
- Powerful equipment with the right type of blade attached to a vehicle that’s made specifically for snow plowing and snow removal.
- Knowledgeable, skilled workers who know how to properly remove snow and ice from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and roadways without causing any property damage.
- A reliable company with the availability to service your snow removal needs when you need them. The best commercial snow removal services should include a contract with an action plan to keep your property free from snow buildups throughout the winter.
- A professional company with emergency response procedures in place. Winter snow storms are unpredictable, so it’s important to work with a company that offers a 24/7, 365 day response team.
Before you hire someone to handle your commercial snow removal service, make sure they are well-qualified and equipped to handle your property needs in a professional manner. You may want to talk to several companies to find the best commercial snow removal services in Bergen County. Follow these helpful tips to locate the best company for you.
Research the Company
- Do a website search – Most reputable businesses have a website that serves daily business needs. Take a look at the company’s website to gather company information and review available snow removal services.
- Get Referrals –Referrals from friends, relatives or neighbors are priceless. Ask people you know if they have worked with the company and get information about the job.
- Visit the premises – Full-service landscaping companies like Borst Landscape & Design have a team of experts on staff who can answer questions and discuss snow removal services and rates. It may be helpful to visit the premises to get a better idea of Bergen County’s best commercial snow removal services.
Ask The Important Questions
- How long have you been in business? – A successful company has a successful history. A company that’s been in business for 20 years or more is doing good work. There is no substitution for experience and happy customers.
- How big is your company? – A bigger company has more employees to handle work loads and service issues, especially for emergency response situations in a severe snow storm. Make sure the snow removal company you hire is adequately staffed to service your property needs.
- What is Your Professional Experience? – Qualify the company’s professional experience in snow removal services. The company with the best commercial snow removal services will have years of professional experience in Bergen County and surrounding areas.
- Are You Licensed and Insured? – Commercial snow plowing and removal companies should be properly licensed and insured. Snow removal can be a dangerous job in adverse weather conditions, so hire someone with proper credentials.
Special Services To Look For
24/7 Emergency Response Services
Reputable contractors who handle commercial snow removal services monitor weather conditions on a daily basis. They typically have a communication plan in place to keep customers informed on changing weather conditions that include upcoming storms and special weather alerts. The plan may include emails, phone calls or website updates to keep customers updated on scheduled snow removal service or changes due to road closures, traffic jams and hazardous driving conditions.
Before you hire someone, find out if they have an emergency response system in place. A professional contractor with the best commercial snow removal services will be well-prepared and ready to respond with the proper equipment, scheduled route information and a trained dispatcher who coordinates getting all of the necessary equipment to the right places.
Professional contractors may use special techniques for snow removal services. A variety of techniques and materials are often used to clear away snow and ice as quickly as possible for safety reasons.
- De-icing – This technique includes the use of snow and ice melting products that may be necessary to clear hard-packed snow or sheets of ice from streets and sidewalks. De-icing is typically done after snow removal services and may require several applications to melt all surfaces.
- Anti-Icing – This technique includes the use of snow and ice melting products, but it is done prior to snow removal services. Anti-icing products prevent snow and ice from bonding to concrete or asphalt and make snow removal services much easier and faster.
- Magic Salt – Magic Salt is a product used by Borst Landscape & Design that will remove snow and ice in temperatures as low as -30 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s coated with molasses that causes snow and ice to melt slower so there’s less runoff.
Snow and ice removal contractors work in hazardous weather conditions. Many snow removal services are done in the early morning or late evening hours to clear roadways, sidewalks, driveways and parking lots to ensure safe driving conditions and easy access for businesses and customers. Find a qualified, professional Bergen County contractor who is knowledgeable and well-equipped to provide the best commercial snow removal services for your property with safe and effective results.