Lawn Fertilization Service By Borst Landscape & Design
Your lawn is the outdoor extension of your living space that requires proper care and maintenance. Making sure your lawn gets the right nutrients is essential for robust grass growth, healthy root systems, and weed control.
At Borst Landscape & Design, we provide two types of essential lawn fertilizing services for Northern NJ homeowners that will keep your lawn healthy and green all season long.
The Optimum Organic Fertilizing & Care Service Option
Our Optimum Organic Program provides your Bergen County lawn with an ongoing, balanced diet of NPk and nine other nutrients designed to promote strong, healthy root growth and improve the overall condition of your soil. The Optimum Organic Program includes the Basic Turf Program and the following services:
- Natural Aeration. When completed twice annually, natural aeration helps nutrients and oxygen reach the roots.
- Root Stimulants and Developers. Applied periodically during the season, these compounds promote strong, deep roots for protection from drought, insects, and disease.
- Natural Thatch Control. Natural thatch control provides 100-percent natural thatch digestion to stop new growth but will not eliminate existing thatch layers in your lawn.
- Secondary Micronutrients. Applied three times each season, these essential nutrients are critical for a healthy lawn.
- Soil Test. A soil test is performed once every three years. When we test your soil, we can determine which nutrients are present and which should be added. We can also determine the Ph level in the soil and add lime if needed.
Basic Turf Program & Lawn Fertilizing Service
Our Basic Turf Program is designed to provide the least amount of fertilizer possible while still creating a green, healthy lawn year-round. This program includes lawn fertilization five times a year, which is ample enough to keep your lawn looking its best without overdoing it.
The basic turf fertilization schedule includes applications in mid-spring, late spring, summer, early fall and late fall for year-round service.
The Basic Turf Program also includes comprehensive weed and insect control, which is essential for a healthy lawn. Even if your lawn is beautiful and well-maintained, weeds and insects can quickly destroy your grass and turn your lawn into a neighborhood eyesore.
There are many types of weeds, but crabgrass and varieties of broadleaf and creeping weeds are especially abundant in Bergen County, NJ landscapes. As such, our Basic Turf Program provides weed and insect control for all of these lawn problems.
- Pre-Emergent Crabgrass Control. Applied in early or mid-spring, this treatment prevents the spread of crabgrass, a stubborn weed that spreads rapidly across the lawn during the summer. Although crabgrass usually dies back on its own in the fall, a single weed can distribute thousands of seeds that are ready to germinate the following spring.
- Broadleaf and Creeping Weed Control. Applied as needed in spring and fall, it will protect your lawn against aggressive broadleaf weeds like dandelions, chickweed, and plantain, as well as creeping weeds like creeping Charlie and dollar weed, which are perennial creepers that rob your grass and soil of moisture.
The Basic Turf Program protects your lawn from common insects that feed on healthy grass, which can rob your lawn of essential nutrients, healthy soil, and water.
- Chinch Bug Control. We apply this treatment once in the late spring/early summer to get rid of chinch bugs that feed on grass. Chinch bugs inject a chemical into grass blades, which causes them to turn brown and die. Heavy infestations can kill a complete lawn in just a few days, so it’s important to take a proactive approach to these issues.
- Grub Control. Applied once in both summer and early fall, this treatment will control grubs and keep your lawn healthy.
Borst is the consecutive winner of the NJLCA Residential and Commercial Landscape Maintenance Award. Dedicated to quality, personalized service, Borst Landscape & Design is an award-winning professional landscape company that’s been serving Bergen County and surrounding areas for over 25 years. Contact us today to learn more about our organic lawn fertilizing services, lawn care, weed control, or pest control services or to get a quote now.