Do I Need to File a Permit for a Pool or Fence in My Bergen County, NJ?

Landscaping your yard or property can create the space that you desire, but it can also help to increase your property’s value in the long run. However, it’s important to know exactly what requirements are needed when making any alterations to your property. You will need to inquire into city regulations and find out what kind of building permits are needed in your area. As with any large project, it’s smart to get the assistance of a professional. Advice and support from a full-service landscaping company can help you make the right decision for your property, and they can also assist with the more bureaucratic aspects, such as acquiring permits.

What do I need to Permit for a Pool?

Residents of Bergen County who are contemplating putting in a fence or a pool will want to know what the requirements are for these types of structural changes before beginning any kind of construction. Although you may believe that since you are making changes to your own property you won’t need to file with the county, that’s not necessarily true. Installing a kiddie pool, or any pool that holds less than 24 inches of water, doesn’t require a permit. However, if you are taking on a landscaping project and installing a larger pool, even if it’s an above-ground pool, you will need to apply for a permit in order to begin construction on your property. Keep in mind that your permit only covers the pool. If you want to construct a structure around your pool, such as building a deck around your above-ground swimming pool, a permit for a pool will not extend to cover that and you will need to apply for a separate one. Since permit requirements vary from town to town, hiring a full-service landscaping company is a great way to ensure that you are in full compliance with any and all regulations in your area. Borst Landscape & Design pursues all permit applications on behalf of its clients and is staffed with experts to assist you and answer all your questions.

best front yard landscape design company in Bergen County, New JerseyAs with obtaining a permit for a pool, you will also need a permit when constructing a fence on your property. For any type of fencing that you install on your property, a fencing permit is required. You will need to fill out your zoning review and then the government will have to approve it before you can get started building your fence.

The bottom line is that you will need permits or zoning reviews to perform most landscape construction projects, and a professional landscape contractor should apply for any permits on your behalf.

With any construction project, you need to make sure that you are doing your due diligence before you begin. Ensuring that you have the proper building permits is a huge step in the right direction. However, you also want to make sure that you are working with experts who will guide you every step of the way. Hiring a full-service landscaping company will help alleviate the stress of filing for a permit for a pool or fence. Additionally, a landscaping company like Borst Landscaping & Design will help create the landscaping that you have envisioned for your home and you will have the support of professionals!

And always remember that performing any work without the proper permits can lead to projects being shut down, fines issued and may cause difficulties in selling your home in the future.