The outdoor space at your home probably has one, or even several paths and walkways. You can rely on the old basic get-me-from-here-to-there walk, but it just might be time to upgrade to a beautifully designed walkway.
Building a path can enhance the look of both your dwelling and your landscape while still remaining practical.
The design of a nice walkway is generally not a do-it-yourself project. While a homeowner might pull the project off it is certainly better to consider using an outdoor walkway design company in Bergen County, NJ for walkway construction.
The Need for an Outdoor Walkway
People often design their homes and landscape their yards without much thought of how important paths are. If you ignore walkways you lose some of the functionality of your home. An outdoor walkway design company can show you the need for a nicely designed walk. A few things to consider are:
- Path’s allow the ability to showcase plants and the yard’s landscaping in general. You may want to highlight garden sculptures, furniture or buildings.
- Walkways enable you to move from one part of the yard to another.
- A passageway can help create the desired atmosphere for a specific area.
- There may be a need to create a formal or informal feel to your landscaping. A nicely designed course enhances this feel.
Benefits of an Outdoor Walkway
There are many benefits to having a pathway in your yard or several of them. A few of these advantages include:
- The ability to move from area to area in the yard is enhanced.
- Safe passage around the yard is helped by a path, which may include lighting.
- The course allows a yard to have a nice flow and feel.
- A walkway will keep visitors confined to areas where you want them. They will not be able to access areas of the yard you consider private or off-limits easily.
What Material is Best for an Outdoor Walkway?
Your outdoor walkway design company will guide you to the best material to use for your project. Depending on the look and feel you want to achieve there are products best suited to those specific needs. Some are listed below.
- Brick, bluestone and pavers can be used for a more formal look.
- For an informal look use slate, flagstone, brownstone or limestone in grass or gravel.
- Crushed stone comes in different colors such as white, blue, gray, pink and more.
- Ground covers used in conjunction with your walkway are also aesthetically pleasing and can include herbs.
Best Outdoor Walkway Design Company
Of course, you will need a landscaping company to help you out with your outdoor walkway project. In the northern New Jersey areas of Bergen and Passaic Counties there is only one company to call, Borst Landscape & Design. Our award-winning experts will help you design your walkway and take your project all the way to completion.
With three Field Managers, who are all Certified Landscape Technicians, and many long-term employees, you can be assured of getting the best quality product and service in the industry. Borst is regarded as the premiere landscape and design firm in northern NJ.
You may have neglected the walkways in your yard. Or maybe you only have those old “just get me to the other part of my yard” paths. If that describes your landscape consider enhancing your property with new and updated walkways.