Standing water around your Bergen County home can do serious damage to your landscape as well as to your home and hinder indoor air quality. Installing a French drain will protect your home from standing water as well as create a pleasant landscape.
Benefits of Installing a French Drain
A French drain is a very practical solution for moving water away from your house. The benefits of a French drain include:
- Improves Indoor Air Quality: When water seeps into you basement it attracts air pollutants such as mold, mildew and dust mites. A French drain will improve indoor air quality because it moves water away from your home and controls water vapors.
- Prevents Shifting and Cracking of Your Foundation: Even when water doesn’t seep into your basement, it can still cause damage by sitting up against your foundation and softening your soil. As a result, your foundation will begin to shift and crack. A French drain will protect your foundation from shifting and cracking..
- Maximizes Your Drainage Options: With a French drain, you can direct the water away from your house to any destination. You can direct the water to the street, but you can also direct it towards a flower bed or garden.
- Enhances Your Landscape: A French drain is installed in the sub-surface of the ground. This means that you can replant grass over the drain. Along with the drainage options you have, you can complement any landscape design using a French drain.
French Drain Materials and Installation
The materials needed to install a French drain include piping, stone or gravel and landscaping fabric. There are landscaping tools needed as well and that’s why it’s always best to hire a professional landscaper to install your French drain.
Have a Professional Install Your French drain
- Maximize Design Possibilities: A northern NJ contractor will help you see all of your design possibilities when it comes to installing a French drain. A contractor can show you how a French drain can work with your whole landscaping design.
- Reduces Headaches: As a result of showing all your design possibilities, any channeling problems can be eliminated. Therefore, you can have a stress free landscaping project.
- Assures a Timely Finish to the Project: A New Jersey contractor will be able to install a French drain within a couple of weeks.
- Preserves the Beauty of Your Landscape: A professional has your aesthetic interests in mind. Therefore, a French drain contractor in Bergen County will always leave the natural beauty of your landscape in tact.
Contact Borst Landscape & Design, based in Bergen County, NJ today so that you can have a French drain installed that will protect your home and family and create a great landscape.