Summer Seasonal Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When is the best time to water my lawn?
A: Early morning (4 a.m. -7 a.m.) 3 to 4 times – 25 to 30 minutes for lawns, 10 to 15 minutes for shrubs. During hot months it is OK to water in the afternoon to cool down the temperature of the grass for 15 minutes.
Q: Can fertilizer and weed killer be put down together?
A: Yes, one will not harm the other.
Q: Once weed killer is applied, how long before it begins to take affect?
A: Approximately 7 days. Do not water for 48 hours after application. Wait 4 weeks after application to seed.
Q: How can I control the weeds growing between my pavers?
A: Use water-based Roundup – make sure to follow the instructions and read the caution label.
Summer “To Do” List
- Maintenance pruning of ornamental tress, shrubs, and hedges
- Spray to control scale, mites, lacebugs and other hot weather insects
- Spot treatment of weeds where needed
- Selective thinning of shade trees to improve light penetration
- Time to plan for fall planting