Is your lawn looking dry, brown and unhealthy? Do you notice ugly weeds popping up around the yard? Are you struggling to keep up with regular lawn care and maintenance?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you may want to consider professional lawn care in NJ for your home.
Proper lawn care and maintenance is essential to a beautiful, green lawn, but it requires a lot of time, energy and commitment throughout the year. For most Northern New Jersey homeowners, professional lawn care in NJ offers many landscape benefits and more free time for enjoyable outdoor activities.
Why struggle to keep your lawn green and healthy when you can hire a landscape professional to keep it beautiful year-round?
Take a look at some great benefits of professional lawn care for your home:
Regular Lawn Care and Maintenance
To keep your lawn green, healthy and well-manicured, you need regular, consistent lawn care and maintenance. Skipping a week or two to mow the lawn or trim the hedges can quickly diminish your home’s curb appeal.
When you hire a landscape company to provide professional lawn care in NJ, you can be sure that lawn care services will be taken care of on a weekly basis with skill and efficiency.
A professional landscape crew will be assigned to your home on a regular schedule to handle all of your lawn care needs.
Regular lawn care and maintenance services usually include:
- Weekly lawn mowing
- Regular weeding
- Border edging for driveways, walkways, patios and gardens
- Cleaning of hard surfaces like driveways, walkways and patio areas
- Spring yard cleanup to remove dead winter growth and debris
- Fall yard cleanup to remove dead summer growth and prepare for winter
A Lush, Healthy Lawn
When you’re taking care of your own lawn care and landscape needs, mowing and watering may be your top priorities. However, a healthy green lawn requires much more attention.
To keep your lawn green and healthy year-round, you need to know about proper mowing techniques, your property’s soil and grass type, your plants’ growth patterns, the climate and light conditions in your area, proper feeding and pruning schedules and lawn care products that work best for your existing lawn and landscape.
Qualified landscape professionals have educational backgrounds in horticulture or landscape architecture, so their knowledge and experience in lawn and plant care is quite diverse.
With professional lawn care in NJ, you benefit from professional knowledge and experience that ensures a healthier, greener lawn.
- Planting – There’s a wide variety of grasses, plants, shrubs and trees available. It’s important to plant the right type for your soil, light and climate conditions. Choosing the wrong type of grass (or variety of plants, shrubs and trees) can result in poor growth, lawn and plant diseases and costly mistakes. A landscape professional can select the proper type of grass and plants that will grow best in your Northern NJ landscape.
- Mulching – Mulching is a simple, inexpensive way to provide extra benefits to your lawn, landscape and garden areas. Organic and inorganic mulch provides a protective layer that retains moisture in the soil, prevents weeds and soil erosion and provides a well-manicured appearance for your lawn and landscape.
- Herbicides and Pesticides – Many over-the-counter herbicides and pesticides contain harsh chemicals that can potentially harm humans and animals. It’s best to leave these lawn care products to a landscape professional who is knowledgeable about ingredients and the pros-and-cons of each product. A company that provides professional lawn care in NJ can choose the best products for your lawn care and maintenance.
Organic Lawn Care
Organic lawn care can keep your lawn lush and green without the use of harsh chemicals that are in many over-the-counter fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.
Completely natural, organic solutions will provide a safe, chemical-free outdoor environment for your family and pets. Organic lawn care promotes green living principles and strong, healthy grass and plants.
By using organic professional lawn care in NJ, you will establish an eco-friendly environment that creates its own natural balance between plants and insects in your landscape. Organic solutions will naturally improve the quality of your soil, the health of grass and plant roots, plant growth, plant vitality and protection against lawn diseases and harmful outdoor pests.
Talk to a Bergen County landscape professional about spring, summer and fall organic lawn care applications as part of your regular lawn care services.
Regular fertilization schedules are essential to provide proper nutrients to your lawn and landscape. Most Bergen County soil lacks adequate nutrients to produce strong root systems and healthy green grass and plants, so year-round fertilization is important.
In addition to proper scheduling, choosing the right type of fertilizer is important to grass and plant vitality. Many over-the-counter fertilizers contain harsh ingredients that can burn your grass and foliage when applied incorrectly or at the wrong time of year.
Fertilization promotes healthy, stable roots systems that encourage new leaf growth. It also helps to fight against natural outdoor stresses like extreme cold, heat, drought, foot traffic and weekly lawn mowing.
With professional lawn care in NJ, you can rely on regular fertilization schedules that keep your lawn and plants growing and blooming year round. Typical fertilization schedules include:
- Early Spring – Early spring fertilization is essential after a long, cold Northern NJ winter when your lawn is deprived of proper nutrients. As warm weather approaches and new growth begins, your lawn needs essential nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus that builds strong, stable root systems and healthy leaf growth.
- Late Spring – In late spring, new growth is abundant. Your lawn needs fertilizer to sustain healthy growth as hot weather arrives. Spring is also the time when weeds invade your lawn and soak up all the nutrients in your soil. Late spring fertilization will help to prevent weed growth and strengthen grass and plants for summer heat.
- Summer – Summer brings hot weather, lack of rainfall and lots of outdoor insects and pests to your lawn. Summer fertilization schedules help to provide extra nutrients in times of increased lawn stress from sun and heat. Nutrients will help to produce healthier, stronger grass and plants that can fight off lawn diseases and outdoor pests.
- Early Fall – Fall brings milder days and cooler temperatures, but it also brings dead summer growth and dry, compacted soil. When cold temperatures arrive, your lawn may suffer with brown spots or dead patches of grass. Fall is an especially important feeding time to replenish soil nutrients and strengthen your grass, so it can survive the upcoming winter.
- Late Fall – Fertilization in late fall uses granular applications instead of liquid, so that it breaks down more slowly throughout the winter months. This slow release promotes new growth at the beginning of spring.
Outdoor Pest Control
Without some type of outdoor pest control, your lawn and landscape is susceptible to a variety of insects and pests that cause damage. Harmful insects like sod, web and grub worms, fire ants, slugs and caterpillars can invade your soil and cause lawn diseases.
Outdoor pests or small animals like rats and field mice, moles and voles, gophers, rabbits, raccoons and deer can invade your lawn and garden areas and destroy your grass and plants.
An Integrated Pest Management Program (IPM) provides professional lawn care in NJ that protects against outdoor insects and pests. It focuses on safe, organic pest control treatments that will keep your lawn and landscape pest-free year-round.
If you have an existing insect or pest problem, an Integrated Pest Management Program can help identify the insects and pests that are causing damage and provide proper pest control solutions to eliminate them.
IPM will help to eliminate harmful outdoor insects and pests in your lawn and replace them with beneficial ones that promote a healthier environment.
Specialty Integrated Pest Management treatments usually include:
- Winter pest control protection
- Organic root feedings for plants
- Organic mosquito, flea and tick control
- Organic deer repellent
- Additional pests control treatments as needed
Your lawn and landscape have a big impact on your home’s curb appeal and property value. A lush, green lawn that’s well-maintained year-round adds beauty and character to your home.
A beautiful front yard will boost curb appeal and property values and create an inviting entrance for guests. A great back yard will provide a safe, comfortable environment for outdoor entertaining and children and pets.
An ill-maintained lawn and landscape with weeds and overgrown shrubs and trees can quickly destroy your home’s curb appeal and decrease your home’s property value.
Professional lawn care in NJ will ensure that your lawn and landscape looks great all year. You won’t have to worry about curb appeal, property value or all of the time and effort it takes to maintain a beautiful, healthy lawn.SEE OUR WORK