When the weather starts to warm up in northern New Jersey, it’s almost impossible to not want to spend all of your waking hours enjoying the outdoors. Imagine how much better that would be if you added a professionally-landscaped patio to your backyard?
Benefits of Having an Outdoor Patio
There are more advantages to adding an outdoor patio or entertainment area to your Bergen County home than just having an attractive place to enjoy being outside.
- Increase property value/curb appeal. Your new outdoor patio will likely increase the value of your home if it comes time to put it on the market. Outdoor entertainment areas and outdoor kitchens are extremely popular and such a feature can add thousands to your the resale price of your home. If your patio is visible from the street, you’ll also get the benefit of added curb appeal.
- Expand your living space. Adding an outdoor patio extends your living space. It essentially gives you an extra outdoor room.
- Reduce energy costs. By adding an outdoor kitchen and/or outdoor entertainment area, you can save on your summer cooling bills. After all, you’re not adding all that cooking heat to the interior of your home.
Outdoor Patio Materials
Patios and outdoor entertainment areas can be constructed using a variety of materials. Below are just a few of the more commonly-used choices in Bergen and Passaic County:
- Stone – Natural stone adds an earthy beauty to any outdoor patio. Stone can be rough-edged slate, rounded stones or even polished surfaces like granite for your outdoor kitchen counter tops.
- Brick – Brick patios have a manicured, uniform look that is especially well-suited for traditional and colonial-style homes.
- Pavers – Individual pavers are made of concrete, but have the look of stone. They are also more affordable than natural stone and have a more uniform shape and design.
Why Hiring a Landscape Company Makes Sense
Adding a backyard patio is an investment you want to be able to enjoy for years to come. Done properly, your outdoor patio area should be as beautiful ten years from now as it is when you first install it. However, installation mistakes can lead to water drainage problems, uneven surfaces and crumbling stone or brick. You need an experienced Bergen County outdoor patio contractor, like Borst Landscape & Design, to install your patio properly and insure that your backyard entertainment area is sound, leveled properly and secure.
We specialize in patio design and installation, and we’ve been helping Bergen County homeowners beautify the exterior of their homes since 1989. Whether you want to add an outdoor kitchen, a terraced deck, a pool surround or a private patio retreat, we can help you. We can design the patio for you or take your ideas and turn them into reality.
Outdoor Patio Consultation
From stunning hardscapes to elegant landscape lighting and everything in between, Borst Landscape & Design can give you a landscape you will love all year long. We have several projects that encapsulate the quality of work we produce.
At Borst Landscape & Design, we have the passion and expertise to give you the breathtaking landscape you’ve dreamed of. View our gallery of past projects and see the high-quality work that Borst Landscape & Design can do.